Follow us on social media, view our campaigns and news or speak to our media team.
Volunteers may be used in a variety of ways in SCAS, but the following are the most frequent volunteering opportunities available.
- Community First Responders (CFR’s) – individuals who volunteer to provide a limited emergency response in their communities helping us to respond to patients more quickly than we may be able to otherwise.
- Volunteer Car Drivers (VCD’s) – supporting the transport of mobile patients to and from hospital appointments.
- SCAS Charity Volunteers – individuals who volunteer to help with any aspect of the charities activities
The purpose of this document is to set out the South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS) policy for including volunteers in its work and to set out the general principles and guidelines for volunteering, to ensure consistent standards and good practice.
We are currently recruiting Community First Responders (CFRs) in the following areas:
Waterside (includes Blackfield)
Fawley, Hythe, Marchwood
Amersham & Chesham
All the Chalfont’s
Oxford (OX2 & OX4 Postcodes)
Henley on Thames
Are you interested in volunteering with SCAS Charity? There are lots of ways to get involved. Use our quick and easy online form to register your interest, you can select on of the following roles:
- Community First Responder
- Volunteer Car Driver
- Helping out in the charity office (Thame)
- Volunteering at Events
- Collecting box co-ordinator
- Supporting our community fundraising initiatives
- Organising my own fundraising event.
In submitting this form you are consenting to us using your contact information to send you information about the charity. We will never pass this information on to anyone else and you can unsubscribe at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. For detailed information on how we protect your data , see our privacy statement.